CPW…learn this acronym. Know it’s ways. Trust it’s power. So what is CPW you might ask? Well, its an approach to fashion that took me into my 30’s to understand, appreciate, and apply. CPW stands for: Cost Per Wear.
Given $200 and the task to expand my wardrobe, the younger me would either go to Target or Old Navy and buy several lower cost (and lower quality) garments. I guess I used to walk out of these shopping experiences feeling stoked that I just scored a major wardrobe update. My mindset at the time was quantity over quality.
Well, now that I am much older and wiser…and who’s kidding, my wife Kendra has rubbed a lot off on me…I see more value in having fewer clothes, but higher quality. Having a few staples in your closet that might cost more, but last longer and make you feel good is my new approach. Looks are not everything, but liking how your clothes fit and loving how they look – at least for me – makes all the difference.
LOOK GOOD. FEEL GOOD. PLAY GOOD.
With that said…let me introduce you to a staple of mine that has been a go to for several years. Fellas, listen. Ladies, take notes for your man. Its another acronym…they are called the ABC pant from Lululemon. ABC stands for Anti Ball Crushing…seriously, that’s what they are called. Nothing wrong with letting the boys breathe a little.
Here’s why I like them:
- Lulu hems and tailor’s them for free (yes!). Guys, having your pants bunched up at the bottom is not a good look…maybe back in 1994 when grunge and gangster rap was all the fashion rage. Take your pant game to the next level and have them tailored.
- They don’t wrinkle! Awesome when I have to travel…just throw them in my bag and I’m good to go…no ironing necessary!
- You can wash and dry them! No dry cleaning bill. This is so convenient and actually saves you money in the long run.
- They are versatile! Dress them up or dress them down. Wear them with Vans or Chucks…or throw on a sport jacket with a pair of Cole Haan’s and you are ready to close the deal in your afternoon meeting!
- Last but definitely most important…they have 4-way stretch material! Being in outside sales and getting in and out of my car frequently, driving, and flying…comfort and durability is HUGE…these babies are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I can do squats in these pants no prob!
The price is $128 and worth every penny. I am not lying…I’ve converted about half of the guys in my division at my company to the ABC’s…once you try them on, there’s no going back! Invest in your look…feel good…get value out of your purchase…buy clothes that last and look great…you deserve it!
My other favorite pants are Zanerobe. They also have 4-way stretch, they are a little more on the skinnier side (if you are looking for more of a trendy look), you can wash and dry them, they have plenty of room in the crotch (hee hee…ode to MJ) and my favorite part…they have a draw string!…no belt needed. Love these when I’m going through security at the airport. Zanerobe’s are great to wear with an untucked shirt…dress them up or dress them down just like the ABC pant. They come in a few different styles and retail for about $119 or less.
Ladies, remember when 7 For All Mankind Jeans came out and completely changed the game for you…your comfort, your style, and most importantly, your butt! After that, normal denim jeans just wouldn’t cut it. The thought!…jeans that cost over $100?…now it seems, they must cost over $200 to even be in the game. Well, these ABC and Zanerobe pants are that kind of a game changer for guys. You justified to yourself to spend that kind of money on jeans, but you felt GREAT!
Fellas, trust me, once you buy a pair and wear them, its like when Neo from the Matrix swallowed that pill…EVERYTHING CHANGED. I actually wear less and less jeans now because of these pants.
Now when our money is spent at Target…its because Kendra spends it on a bunch of…aah umm…random SHIT for the house!…do we really need another candle or that apple cider dish soap?!
Part of being the best version of you includes loving how you look. Find what works for you and rock it! Remember, just be you…everyone else is taken..but if you’re a guy, the ABC & Zanerobe pants might need to be a new staple. Finally, understanding what CPW is all about and rethinking how you invest in your closet and YOU…is a step in the right direction!